Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA)
OSHA30: Construction Safety and Health
Construction Safety and Health
What does this course include?
- Introduction to OSHA.
- OSHA Focus Four Hazards.
- Managing safety and health.
- Personal Protective & Lifesaving Equipment.
- Health Hazards in Construction.
- Stairways & Ladders.
- Proper way for lifting material.
- Work site maintenance.
- Fire protection & prevention.
- Material handling, storage use and disposal.
The purpose of this course, is to promote a safety and health work environment for all employees, and to prepare them to identify, predict and avoid hazards in the workplace. This course also aims to provide workers with information of their rights under the OSH Act of 1970.
This course is recommended for any construction employee with supervisory or safety-related responsibilities. According to Local Law 196, all construction workers in NYC are mandated to have a 30-Hour OSHA card and must carry it on their person while on a worksite at all times.
This course is intended to increase awareness of fall hazards and worksite dangers. THIS IS AN AWARENESS-LEVEL TRAINING ONLY and does not provide any other qualification or authorization outside of the Site Safety Training Card.
|30 Hours (excluding breaks and lunch time)
|A certificate will be issued upon successful completion of this course, it will be valid for 90 days and a wallet sized card will be issued shortly after.
This card can be used to fulfill requirements of a Worker and Supervisor SST Card.
|This training course is valid for five (5) years
Upon Completing this course, the students will be able to
- Explain the importance of OSHA in providing a safe and healthy workplace to workers covered by OSHA
Differentiate and recognize the different hazards in their workplace.
- Recall, describe, and interpret the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees under the OSH Act.
- Apply learned preventative measures for accidents in their workplace.
- Identify the types of personal protective equipment (PPE) and the requirements for their use according to OSHA standards
100% attendance of this course is required to gain certification. Students must attend all 30 Hours, and are expected to be on time as per Quantum Safety’s rules.
According to OSHA standards, any student who attends at least 50% of their course time (15 contact hours) must be allowed to schedule make-up training for the remaining hours.
LATENESS AND ABSENCES POLICY
30 minutes is considered the maximum allowed time for lateness. Any student who is absent for any training, or who shows up 30 minutes after the scheduled starting time will be asked to schedule a make-up training day for the contact hours of that day.
Note: No incomplete contact hours certifications will be issued. Students must make-up any missed time for their courses.